Monday, September 19, 2016

Meeting Olympians: By Cameron

I, Cameron, had the honor of meeting and being coached by Gold and Silver medalist Jeremy Linn and Olympian Molly Hannis this past Saturday, Sept 17. Not only did I get to wear their medals and get a picture with them, but I also received over 2 hours of coaching to improve my approaches and turns in breaststroke. I was able to ask questions about their lives and routines. I, along with about 20 other swimmers were there. Each swimmer had the pleasure of racing one of the Olympians. I raced against Jeremy in the breaststroke and he won after waiting to dive in after everyone else was in the water.
The Olympians were very kind and helpful.  This happened with the Fitter and Faster Swim Tour in Northampton PA.  I am excited for the next clinic on Sept 25th with two more Olympians.  They were very inspirational and they challenged us as they were in the water with us and showed us exactly what they wanted us to do. They were all super nice!
It was a great time!
Cameron MacKilligan

No comments:

Post a Comment